We are interviewing high net worth consumers on an ongoing basis, and will be profiling them in our intelligence section
Below is a sample profile:
Consumer Classification: International Sophisticate
- Foreign passport (born and raised in Malaysia, lives in Shanghai)
- Married to local entrepreneur
- Lives in Shanghai
- Self-described style: “Fancy”
- Does her own research on shopping, eating and accommodation prior to the trip
- YSL (shoes)
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Tom Ford
- La Mer (beauty)
- Van Cleef and Arpels emails her when they have new arrivals.
- Chanel in New York contacts her frequently as well – they have offered to ship items to her to Hong Kong so that her friends can bring them to her in China, since they know it is cheaper to purchase in Hong Kong.
- A jewelry brand has flown her to Hong Kong to attend a VIP event.
- She doesn’t trust sales associates’ recommendations or taste.
- She doesn’t think they understand her style and feels like they randomly suggest products for her.
- She is open to the idea of stylists providing specific recommendations, so long as they are not hired by a brand and are focused on helping her to mix and match brands to fit her style and taste.